The Pelago Site and Application are owned by Waypoint Asia Limited (“Waypoint Asia”). This policy covers Waypoint Asia Limited’s use of personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) that is collected from you when using the Pelago Site and Application, including registered users who are event organizers and users who purchase tickets or register to events listed by organizers on the Pelago Site or Application. It explains what information is collected through the Pelago Site and Application, how we use this information and how such information is maintained.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
During the course of any visit to the Pelago Site and Application, we may collect information from you as described below:
We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information to use the Pelago Site and Application. We take all reasonable steps to ensure the information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. You can check the information we hold about you by contacting us at email@example.com. If you identify any inaccuracies we will correct them promptly upon request.
The Personal Data we may collect includes your email address, your user ID, your first name and last name, your mailing address, your telephone number. In some cases we may collect your Paypal account number or email, or your bank account information as necessary to process payments to you. Note Pelago does not accept, collect or in any way process your credit card information for payments you make to purchase tickets on the Pelago Site and Application. Credit card information is handled in it's entirety by our payment gateway provider PayPal.
All Personal Data is used and retained in accordance with the Data Protection Principles and other applicable data protection laws in your legal jurisdiction.
We may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- in connection with your use of the Pelago Site and Application, we may use your email address or other personal contact information to contact you in response to a request, to provide you with customer service, to notify you of your accounts details after you have registered to the Pelago Site and Application, to send you tickets you purchased through the Site and Application, and to generally manage your account.
- for internal purposes to help us improve the content and functionality of the Pelago Site and Application, to better understand your needs and to improve our services
- to contact you for marketing purposes, including to inform you about services or events we believe might be of interest to you. In particular, organizers should note that we may use information we receive or collect regarding guests (including via an organizer's event registration page) in accordance with the terms of this Policy. For any marketing emails we may send, we give you the option to opt-out (unsubscribe) from them.
- we allow organizers to use the Pelago platform to contact guests for their past and upcoming events, so you may receive emails from our system that originate with such organizers
- to identify or address any wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of Service, or if required for fraud prevention and detection.
It is our Policy not to sell or transfer any Personal Data to any third party organizations, except for third party service providers we use to provide the Services.
When you use the Pelago Site and Application, we may also collect certain information that is not personally identifiable ("Non-Personal Data"). The Non-Personal Data we collect includes without limitation your device or software type, your IP address, your approximate geographic location, records of your usage of the Pelago Site and Application, and aggregated Personal Data that cannot be used to specifically identify you. Such information is collected using various technologies, including without limitation cookies, log file data and code which is embedded in the Pelago Site and Application, as well as third parties. If you would rather not have cookies on your computer or mobile phone, you can set your browser to deny cookies. You can also select to delete cookies from your computer or mobile phone at your discretion.
We may disclose, transfer or share Non-Personal Data for any lawful purpose.
Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you disclose via the Site and Application. Waypoint Asia shall not be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any part of the Pelago Site and Application including any of your information.
6. PRIVACY LAW
All Personal Data is retained in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486)("the Ordinance") and other applicable data protection laws in Hong Kong.
7. USERS UNDER 18
Please note that the use of the Pelago Site and Application is neither intended for, or directed to children under the age of 18.